The Welsh Government have recently announced the PDG Access Fund. Through this funding pupils eligible for free school meals and looked-after children will be able to access a minimum grant of £125 for the purchase of the following:
- School uniform including coats and shoes;
- School sports kit including footwear;
- Uniform for enrichment activities, including but not limited to, scouts; guides; cadets; martial arts; sports; performing arts or dance;
- Equipment e.g. school bags and stationery;
- Specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology; and
- Equipment for out of school hour’s trips such as outdoor learning e.g. waterproofs.
The funding is available to pupils who are eligible for free school meals entering:
- Reception class or Year 3 of a maintained primary school in September
- Year 7 or Year 10 of a maintained secondary schools in September
- Pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupil referral units who are aged 4, 7, 11 or 14 in September.
Funding for looked-after children is available in every school year.
The grant, in Conwy, for eligible pupils will be administered by the Conwy Benefits Section and any enquiries should be forwarded to this section.
The address for this is: Conwy County Borough Council, Revenue and Benefits Assessment Services, Bodlondeb, Conwy LL32 8DU.
The Welsh Government have also published information on the following link.