Ysgol John Bright Pupil Development Grant Statement
The purpose of the Pupil Development Grant is to improve the educational attainment of pupils from low income families and who are entitled to free school meals (eFSM). Schools are expected to maximise the use of this funding by introducing sustainable strategies which will quickly lead to improved outcomes for pupils entitled to free school meals.
As a school, we want to learn from the best practice in Wales and beyond by:
- 1. planning interventions that focus on improving the attainment of pupils from deprived backgrounds, regularly monitoring pupils’ progress and evaluating the impact of the intervention.
- integrating plans for the effective use of the PDG into the School Development Plan, basing our practice on sound evidence and including them as part of a whole school strategy.
- balancing whole school strategies with targeted interventions to ensure that all learners are entitled to free school meals benefit as individuals, whilst the whole school also develops its ability to support every learner to achieve their full potential.
In 2018-19 Ysgol John Bright were allocated a total Pupil Development Grant of £167,900.00
Ysgol John Bright has a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by GwE and Conwy Local Authority, to promote high expectations attainment and progress and to remove barriers to learning for pupils entitled to this funding.
- We have used the funding available to:
- To develop additional learning opportunities before and after school through clubs and workshops
- Provide additional mentoring and support within core subjects
- Provide support to identified groups of learners
- To support learners with additional ICT equipment for classrooms
- Providing targeted support to improve behaviour and safeguarding for vulnerable learners
- Ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest standard for all learners and that all teaching staff are aware of vulnerable pupils and of support available for them.
- Provided additional mentoring to support identified groups of learners
- To support learners with core subjects
- To enhance the lunchtime provision and experience for students by providing additional seating in the school hall
It is not appropriate for the school to publish a detailed plan as it could identify individual pupils.