ANSWERS TO THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY COMPETITION
- The victim was Alex Rider
- He was murdered by 8.30am on 11th January
- He was poisoned by touching the pages of the book he was reading while trying to prepare for the Library Tournament. The pages had been impregnated by deadly poison
- The murderer was Katniss Everdeen
- Katniss murdered Alex because she needed the prize money to pay for a life-saving operation for her brother.
- As Alex was the favourite for the Tournament, she had to kill him if she had a chance of winning
- A phial of poison was found amongst Katniss Everdeen’s weapons. It was found to be the poison used on the book pages found beside Alex’s body.
- Poisonous berries were found in the forest near where Katniss Everdeen lived
- Katniss’s family confirmed that she was hoping to win the tournament prize money to pay for her brother’s operation
- Katniss was seen in the Library before the Librarian started work at 8.30am and before the Tournament started.
ALL THIS INFORMATION WAS FOUND IN THE CLUES AND CRIME SCENE!
WINNERS OF THE BODY IN THE LIBRARY COMPETITION:
Most of you worked really hard to find the clues and work out the truth behind the murder. However the group who gained the most points were:
Jess Sutton, Daniel Mitchell and Poppy Hughes in 8Y
Congratulations! Please come to collect your prize
A runner up prize goes to Jaani and Jake in 8B who did really well too!